Thursday, June 5, 2014

Me again!

Hi. This time it is NOT midnight. It's the afternoon.



So I think I'm gonna try cosplaying Astrid Hofferson from HTTYD. Younger Astrid though, because I'm closer to her age. I'm going to get a blue shirt and add some green and brown if I can. The shoulder pads I'll make, I just need some cardboard and other stuff. The skirt will be hard. Reddish brown leather, but I might try a fabric in that color on top of linoleum, and paper mach'e the spikes.



The boots I'll try to buy, they need to be brown... The axe will be hardest to find/make. But, I can find the leggings and make the arm guard thingys pretty fast. The headband is like, insanely easy. 






My eyes are so close to the same color as hers, and my mom said she can out highlights in my hair for the summer, and if I can just persuade them a little more, I'll be getting her bangs eventually. Probably I'll do them myself so they look more rugged. :D Now, that pouch on her hip, and the skulls are my final problem... Foam cut outs spray painted? I could stitch the pouch myself maybe...



Well, until another post.



Abbie R.



4 comments:

  1. Hey! I have bangs similar to hers! But my hair is thinner and light brown with highlights! I love Astrid and sometime I'd like to make a custom doll of her! (I love her!) I can't wait to see the finished cosplay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I really want to cosplay her, it will probably take time, and I'm on a budget given I have no cash. (And before cosplay I need to get a 14 inch Toothless plush from Walmart. ;) ) But the shirt should be cheap, I'll sew the skirt myself, paper mache'ing the spikes shouldn't be impossible... Spray paint and making an axe is what will be impossible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like fun! I have never seen HTTYD before but I really want to see it! How old are you? (have I already asked that? :) I'm 13! I really want to work for animation companies!

      Delete
  3. I want her outfit soooo bad, I love HTTYD! ~Leah4802

    ReplyDelete