Monday, February 10, 2014

Train- At-Home Gymnastics: Post 1, Candlesticks.

So, you probably didn't expect this, but I practice gymnastics at home. (Parents can't afford lessons.) With my brothers help (My little video/photographer guy.) I'm going to be able to post pictures of me in some poses and videos of me doing some interesting things. But I am going to blur out my face as best as I can in stuff. I don't really want people knowing what I look like. But Post 1 of this, Candlesticks. I was playing around with them on a make-do mat in my parents bedroom.



A Basic candlestick. Okay, Candlesticks, while only a level 1 move, are still pretty tricky. You have to have balance, a strength, and skill. As you are basically pushing all you weight on your shoulders. (Literally.) Though the one I'm doing isn't exact, you aren't supposed to throw your feet back that far. But it was an instinct to pull them back to do Backward Tuck Roll. (Will try to post video of one soon.) Which I didn't want to do, but instincts are programmed in. Moving on to the last picture,


Then I took my candlestick to an extreme and did it into an L shape. (Well, an L from the other side. ;} ) If you can master your candlestick, try playing with it. I can put my legs back far enough to touch behind my head. And I can do a V shape with my legs, and other interesting poses. :) So, I will most likely have more of these gymnastics posts sometime. My list of moves is short, but even a small list, you can play with the moves and combine them into new stuff! And of course I'm working on things I haven't yet achieved. (Like my ever so wanted back bend kick over!!) Bye for now,


Abbie R,

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Abbie!

    ~CountryDollStudios

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!!! I'm going to have more cool photos and things when I get the chance!!!

    ReplyDelete